Thursday 17 October 2013

First step in the journey towards CFA Charter

                  

It all started in the year 2012 (The so called Year of the Apocalypse). Of course with lots of discouraging facts n figures & needless to say, the people around you.

But who would not do that when the person is from an Engineering background & also got a good job with a handsome package @ his campus. In spite of all this, I decided to pursue CFA  not because of the money or the prestige but because I felt I belonged in here more than anywhere. Even at college, I used to spend hours & hours together trading, sometimes even bunking classes :)

I Started off by first getting some old cfa materials & going through the books one by one. Gathered a lot of confidence when i was able to answer almost all of the EOC questions.

One fine day when I was browsing linkedin, I was surprised to find one of my college alumni to have completed all the 3 levels of CFA. This was exactly the kind of inspiration that I needed at that time. Finally I convinced myself & registered to sit for the level 1 on June 2013. From that point on & till today I didn't have to look back on that decision. I am really enjoying it & obviously gaining a lot of knowledge.

The day of Exam was more of fun rather than fear. The question paper was relatively easy for any person who was well prepared. But having the first look at the level of security they have for this Exam, it gives you a feeling that you are some kind of a Terrorist, but relax you don't have to worry if you're playing fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment